BOOKING (US): YouTheManInfo@gmail.com
BOOKING (AUS): email@example.com
Teen and college dating abuse is potentially fatal—and shockingly common. It leads to substance abuse, unhealthy eating behaviors, sexual risk behaviors, pregnancy, and suicide. And the media continue to send dangerously mixed messages about its consequences. Addressing unhealthy relationships and dating violence prevention and intervention is needed now more than ever.
We are all bystanders who can help save lives and create stronger communities.
Is it time to begin the conversation?
You the Man is an engaging, entertaining, and results-based educational program that uses live theatre to empower students—both male and female—to step out of the bystander role and practice safe peer intervention. This comprehensive dating violence prevention program is unique as it promotes a model of empathetic male voices and shows the incredible power of bystander support and action.
- Perfect for orientations, assemblies, awareness events, health education programming, and conferences.
- Suitable for grades 9-12, college students, educators, workplace, sporting clubs and families.
- 35-minute, one-actor portrayal of 6 characters (none of whom are victims or perpetrators). Each wrestles with their response to unhealthy relationship issues.
- Teaches audience members the warning signs of unhealthy relationships; how to identify ways to safely intervene; and make accessible their local health/counseling resources.
- REQUIRED: Post-performance panel discussion with local counselors, advocates, and experts.
More information on You The Man from our Archives:
Questions about You The Man: You The Man Questions Answered, Sanford High School
Additional You the Man Videos: